Q& Any: THE COLLEGE READY PROCESS Yesterday, I was some guest in #CollegeCash discussion on Facebook discussing college or university preparation the online means that are available for parents of the teens and pupils. Since not really everyone can sign up for these shows or is certainly active on Twitter, I thought it will be nice to express the concerns and basics here on my favorite blog.
Question: Any time do moms and dads start the college prep method?
- Ideally you need to start actually talking to your learner about the value of an education whenever they start college and amp it up in middle school.
- 9th class students should pay close attention to training onlineessayshelp.com course selection searching for AP consistently improves classes, numbers and scientific discipline.
- 9th graders should also start looking for that YOU extracurricular action to concentrate on with high school.
Thought: What do you see as the parent’s role inside the college prep process?
- Parents should let the student ‘drive the car’ but complement as a passenger/guide
- Parents will help with financial institution and gentle simple guidelines regarding deadlines
- Parents have to be there intended for advice, service and questions but avoid take control of the approach
Question: Just what exactly online software do you advise for researching colleges side-by-side?
- I love Zinch because you can create a profile, check colleges to get matched w/colleges and college scholarships http://www.zinch.com
- You can use the College Board’s tool to compare colleges as well http://collegesearch.collegeboard.com/search/index.jsp
- Some more sites are generally: http://www.collegeview.com/index.jsp & http://www.collegexpress.com/ & http://www.cappex.com & http://www.collegeconfidential.com
Issue: What online tools do you really recommend pertaining to test prepare? Read more